Jan 16, 2009

Boston British Consulate Looking for Welsh Ex-patriots, Welsh Americans, and People with a Love for Wales


The Welsh National Assembly and the British Consulate of Boston are looking to connect with the Welsh presence in New England. March 1st, 2009 is Saint David's Day. Saint David is the patron saint of Wales, and on the days surrounding March 1st the Boston British Consulate and the Boston Cymrodorion Society will be organizing and sponsoring a number of Saint David's Day events. A classic Welsh hymn sing called a Gymanfa Ganu will be held in Salem, MA. Lectures on Welsh history, a Saint David's Day polar bear plunge, and a Saint David's Day feast will be celebrated. To cap off the events Rhodri Morgan, the First Minister of Wales will be joining us at the British Consulate at 1 Memorial Drive in Cambridge, MA for a celebration on Monday, March 2nd.



If you are from Wales, of Welsh ancestry, or simply have a love for all things Celtic contact Phil Wyman the Boston Saint David's Day representative for the British Consulate and the Welsh National Assembly at 978-578-1785, on the internet at http://www.freewebs.com/cymrodorion/, or by e-mail at BostonWelsh@gmail.com.


1 comment:

  1. This sounds a great event - wish I could be there. Unfortunately, even though I live in the UK I won't be able to get to my homeland for St David's Day, but I will be wearing my daffodil and holding my own private celebrations.

    I hope it's all right to post this here - I wasn't too sure how to post it. I have a writer friend Skhye Moncrief who has a most informative Blog and recently posted an entry about a video concerning the orgin of Welsh names. You can find it here@ http://blog.skhyemoncrief.com/2009/01/18/wales-and-your-welsh-ancestry.aspx

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts