May 14, 2011

Wynne Evans - Touring with Katherine Jenkins - Performing at Enjoy 2011 Festival - Channel 4 Comedy Gala











Last night (12th May) Wynne Evans and Katherine Jenkins flew the flag for Wales at the Classical Brit Awards just weeks before they embark on a series of concerts together across the UK.

Katherine Jenkins said " I'm thrilled that Wynne Evans is joining me on my tour - I'm a big fan of his voice and he's Welsh... What more could I ask?! We will be singing a duet together but are keeping that under our hats til nearer the time... We hope you can join us!”

On performing with Katherine Jenkins, Wynne said: “If you’d told me 12 months ago I would be performing with Katherine Jenkins at Glastonbury, I wouldn’t have believed you for a second – but I’m thrilled and honoured to be sharing the stage with her.”

Wynne at the Enjoy 2011 Festival

Wynne has a number of festival performances scheduled this year the first of which is on May 21th where he will be performing at the first ‘Enjoy Festival’ held in Parc-Y-Strad, Llanelli alongside a varied line up including The Saturdays, Tinchy Stryder, Wretch32 and X Factor Stars Lloyd Daniels and Marlon McKenzie.

Wynne will be performing a selection of songs from his debut album ‘ A song in My Heart’, which spent two weeks at the top of the classical charts earlier this month and has remained in the top 10 for the last 7 weeks.

Wynne has said ‘I love performing in Wales, I grew up in Carmarthenshire, so I know Llanelli well. It’s great that the Enjoy festival has been started; West Wales need’s an annual festival. I can’t wait.’

Scarlets' Commercial Director Rupert Moon enthused: "I am delighted to announce that Parc y Scarlets is set to hold its very own music festival with such a diverse line up “ Mr Moon went on to say. "This is set to be one of West Wales' biggest music events and to have The Saturdays and Wynne Evans performing at our first-ever Enjoy festival is just phenomenal. To have such calibre of artist on our doorstep is something that we can be really proud of.”

Wynne Re-records ‘Go Compare Advert with Jimmy Carr and Alan Carr

On the 24th May, just three days after Enjoy 2011, Wynne will be at the Channel 4’s Comedy Gala held at the O2 Arena, London – which raises money for Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital. Wynne, who signed a 6 album deal with Warner Music last year shot to fame as ‘Gio Compario’ star of the hilarious Go Compare adverts. Wynne re-recorded a Go Compare advert with top comedian’s Alan Carr and Jimmy Carr. Wynne said ‘It was great working with Alan and Jimmy, they had me in stitches all day! I’m sure everyone at the O2 and watching at home on Channel 4 will enjoy the remake.’ When asked what happens in the advert Wynne Said ‘You’ll have to tune in to Channel 4 to find out!’

Wynne trained at the Guildhall School of Music and the National Opera Studio in London and has worked hard for his "overnight success". Wynne had been a professional opera singer for over 15 year’s before the commercials. But even though the big-hearted tenor might have imagined a more traditional route to stardom, he is grateful to Gio Compario for his big break. When asked about his role as Gio Compario "If I wasn't in the commercial I wouldn't have had this opportunity to make an album, Gio Compario feels like another part of me, just like Paul O’Grady has Lily Savage."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts