Jun 1, 2011

Jeannette Rizzi - On Stage At The West Coast Eisteddfod

 jeannette rizzi, comedian, appearing at the west coast eisteddfod , los angeles 2011
Jeannete Rizzi












This is the latest in an occasional series highlighting performers and contestants at the  September 2011 'West Coast Eisteddfod- Welsh Festival of Arts' at the Barnsdall Art Park , Los Angeles . In this post we are proud to feature standup comedian, Jeannette Rizzi. For more info about the event go here. To reserve your ticket for Saturday 24th click the button below :- 

 
 
( Approximately 250 tickets currently available. Buy early to avoid disappointment. )

"When I introduce myself to people I always try and tell them something interesting about me so I stand out. One thing you need to know about me is that I was raised by a nun and a monk. Before you get any wild ideas you should know that I promised my father I would make it real clear that he and my mother were no longer “practicing” when they met. So nothing dirty happened on God’s watch!  At twenty-three I arrived in Los Angeles from my little one-light redneck town and I was terrified to drive to the comedy clubs much less get on the stage. I started out in acting classes and went on the agent search immediately. At twenty-eight I realized the agents don’t really open those packages and I needed another way to be noticed. Open mic time! I was a finalist in the Tickled Pink Comedy Competition and I received the audience favorite award in the Cougars vs. Kittens Show. This past October I participated in the Cleveland Comedy Festival and I placed 6th in the Time Warner Funny on Demand Contest. Commercially I am represented by SBV Talent and theatrically by Screen Artists Agency. I also landed a role in the short film “The Great Marcusio” which will be appearing in film festivals all over this year. 

While I respect anyone who has made it in the entertainment industry, I can say for me, the greatest influences have been Cher, Whoopi Goldberg, Mo’Nique, Ellen DeGeneres, Rosie O’Donnell, and Sandra Bullock. All strong, intelligent, opinioned, beautiful, successful women! It’s impossible to try to make it in the Entertainment industry and not get frustrated. When I do I turn to my favorite quote by Hillary Clinton."It would break my heart if, in falling short of my goal, I in any way discouraged any of you from pursuing yours. When you stumble, keep faith. And, when you're knocked down, get right back up and never listen to anyone who says you can't or shouldn't go on."

  
 jeannette rizzi, comedian, appearing at the west coast eisteddfod , los angeles 2011

Popular Posts